Pindos energy S.A.

Pindos Energy SA was founded in September 1998.

The main purpose of the company is the production of electric power through the development of the renewable energy resources available in the area.

The company is managed by the following administrative council:

  • GKOULIOUMIS SPYROS, businessman, President.
  • TSITOGIANNIS KONSTANTINOS, chemical engineer, Vice-President.
  • MAIPAS STERGIOS, businessman, Chief Executive officer.

Pindos Energy S.A. has its headquarters at 6,Akademias st. in Ioannina, Greece from where the company is managed.

In 2009 Pindos Energy S.A. merged with the subsidiary Western Holdings SA.

The capital of the company is estimated at 2.059.816 euros.

Pindos Energy S.A. has obtained the following official Power Production Licences for the production of electricity:

Project
Distrato
Vrysochori
Perivoli
Eleousa
Gorgopotamos
Metsovitikos
Aidonochori
Kirna
Technology
Small Hydro
Small Hydro
Small Hydro
PV
Small Hydro
Small Hydro
Small Hydro
Small Hydro
Prefecture
Ioannina
Ioannina
Grevena
Ioannina
Ioannina
Ioannina
Ioannina
Ioannina
TOTAL
Power (MW)
1,94
1,56
3,14
0,1
2,39
2,08
0,37
1,14
12,72
Current status
In operation
In operation
In operation
In operation
Power Production License
Power Production License
Power Production License
Power Production Certificate
Pindos Energy is also developing 2 photovoltaic projects (100 kW and 250 kW) in the Municipality of Eleousa.
Project
Eleousa 1
Eleousa 2
Municipal
Passarona
Passarona
Power (MW)
0,1
0,25
The power plant in the area of Distrato (power output 1935 KW) has been completed and is operational since 2002.

The construction of the plant in the Loumnitsa (power output 3.14MW) in the district Perivoli of Grevena with registration number D6/F20.287/10631 has been completed and the project is operational since 2008.

The plant in the Vrysohori (power output 1.56MW) has been completed. The project is estimated to be operational by the end of 2010.